THE SPANISH TEACHER
My name is Rocío Sánchez Hurtado, I am from Antequera (Málaga). I have been working as a freelance Spanish teacher for more than twenty years. I started in 1999 and since then I have worked full-time as a Spanish teacher for foreigners.
Between 1999 and 2020 I was the director and Spanish teacher at Euro-Lingua Language School, in Fuengirola.
I have also taught Spanish in some companies such as: Dunnes Stores, Club la Costa, Sector Alarm, Staff-Point….
I currently work as a freelance Spanish teacher teaching face-to-face classes in my classroom in Fuengirola, and I also teach classes online. I also give Spanish classes in companies in Fuengirola and Mijas.
My academic qualifications are:
- Diploma in Hispanic Language and Literature from the University of Malaga (1991-1994)
- Degree in English Language and Literature from the University of Malaga (1991-1996)
- Pedagogical Aptitude Certificate from the University of Malaga (1997)
- Training course for ELE (Spanish as a foreign language) teachers by the Menéndez Pelayo
- International University and the Cervantes Institute (2011)
As a Spanish teacher I accompany my students in their learning, they are the true protagonists of this adventure that is learning to speak Spanish and they are the ones who achieve it with their effort and dedication.
During all the years that I have been working as a Spanish teacher, my students have taught me a lot about how to teach Spanish. Thanks to them, every day I try to improve myself as a Spanish teacher.
Some students learn faster, others need more repetition. As Don Santiago Ramón y Cajal said: “Every human being, if he sets his mind to it, can become a sculptor of his own brain.” I have the privilege of seeing how my students progress and can reach amazing levels speaking and understanding Spanish. I love my profession.